Sunday, August 12, 2007

How to pronounce my name?....

I should thank Kuttipriya for giving such a nice idea of making others happy (try pandren pa). I happened to read her blog regarding her name and its way of pronouncing. Then i remembered, my name is also pronounced differently.

Here Iam writing...

My parents kept my name as Kalaiselvi becoz of Goddess Kalaivani...

When people pronounce my name differently, my head is suthefying (adaanppa thali sutharathu..)

My cousin, he is now studying 3rd standard. When he was 2 years old, he used to call me as "Kalee akka" (ennathu kaleeya...). When I was talking to my mama through phone, I will ask him to call his son (kutty paiyen ella, pesa aasaya irukkum). Then he calls his son and says "un Kali akka line-la irukkaa da". Then my cousin says "Kali akka nallaa irukkeya". I was happy to hear his voice but
that "Kali" is disturbing a lot.

Thank God, now he is talking as "Kalai akka, samartha irukkanum" (enna pandrathu, romba periya manushan solran, ketuthaan aaganum).

In my school days, some will call me as "Kalai" and some will call me as "Selvi" or "Kalaiselvi" (eethu evvalavoo paravaa ella).

During my college life, one lecturer used to call me as "Kaalai Selvi" (ennathu
kaalaiyaa.. naan enna maadaappa) bcoz of the seminaar i took (seerikkadeengappa... nallathaan eduthen, adanaala thaan anda peru).

After that, I heard someone calling me as "Kolaiselvi" (ethu romba... ovaru. naan enna kolaiya panna poren).

Romba mosamppa... ennoda appa, amma saamy pera vecha, ippadi pannaa eppadi...

2 comments:

Sundarvathi said...

Hi Kolai selvi unga posta parthen, nice to laugh.
I think those people felt better to call you as Kali selvi, kalee selvi, kaalai selvi than kalai selvi.
Me toooo feel good to call you as kolai, thanks for the idea.
Ada idhu kuda nallathan irukkae...
Keep it up Kolai....

kalai said...

so sad....naanae ungalukku idea sollettaenaa....